Joystiq reviews Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and likes it. A lot. Assassin’s Creed diehards like myself won’t need a review to pull the trigger on this purchase but it’s alright to take a sneaky peek, right? In the meantime, I’m just going to have to work out how I’m going to fit Brotherhood into my Black Ops schedule…
Good things come in twos
There’s been a couple of games that I’ve been really excited about for a long time now that are currently on the horizon, and will be with us later this year: Assassin’s Creed 2 and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. With E3, we’ve all been deluged with plenty of information about both games. Here’s a round-up of what I’ve been reading and found to be most interesting:
Assassin’s Creed 2
- Assassin’s Creed 2 E3 09 Q&A- PlayStation.Blog.US
- Assassin’s Creed 2 will end with a cliffhanger- Joystiq
- Jesper Kyd returning to compose Assassin’s Creed 2 soundtrack- Joystiq
- Assassin’s Creed 2 unlockables tied to PSP version- Joystiq (Some pretty sweet synergy between the PS3 and PSP: I’ll be keeping my eye on this one)
- Assassin’s Creed 2 launches November 17- Joystiq (This is the all-important date!)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- E3 Interview: We Track Down Uncharted 2: Among Thieves- PlayStation.Blog.Europe
(particularly excellent article)
- Impressions: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and old flings- Joystiq (Provides some interesting commentary and analysis in the last paragraph)
- ‘All Uncharted 2 posts’- Joystiq (Heck, I’ve included this link as Joystiq provides some of the best coverage for Uncharted 2- keep your eyes peeled in future for more articles!)
PlayStation Home: We’re all going to Xi
As the penultimate article in my series on PlayStation Home, we now delve into the mysteries of Xi which pushes the limits of what you’d think possible from a virtual world merely for socialising.
What gets me most about Xi, is the sheer genius of it all. PlayStation Home as a cohesive online world has the potential to have lots of secrets, some of which Xi is exploiting fully, creating it’s own mythology around Home which I find very compelling. The first glimpse of Xi you’ll see will be through a secret Home area called the Hub. It’s worth reading what Joystiq has to say both about Xi in general and about the Hub in its article, ‘Xi infiltrates Home- and it’s kind of neat‘. My own thoughts echo Joystiq’s: why aren’t other Home spaces this cool? Quickly followed by the demand: let’s have more of this!
Dressed to kill: the main character of Assassin’s Creed 2 revealed
Dressed to kill: the main character of Assassin’s Creed 2 revealed– Would such a finely dressed character fit into the Renaissance period? Who knows, but it’s certainly worth checking out some of the comments on Joystiq’s post- priceless! In all seriousness, back to the image itself: dual hidden blades, very cool, but it looks like our new protagonist has retained all of his fingers…
Joystiq’s Instrument Compatibility Matrix
Joystiq’s Instrument Compatibility Matrix– I never knew that such a comprehensive database had been built up. Such a useful resource, that I’ve added it as a link under ‘resources’ on the homepage. It’s great to know that my Guitar Hero 3 Les Paul is compatible with everything. YES!
More Uncharted 2 Goodness
More Uncharted 2 Goodness– PlayStation.Blog’s ‘new details and coverage roundup‘ post and Joystiq’s interview ‘talking Uncharted 2 with Naughty Dog’s Evan Wells‘ which might just be the most essential reading you’ll have to do this year.
The Killzone 2 FAQ
The Killzone 2 FAQ– The most definitive FAQ I’ve ever seen. If it ain’t covered, it ain’t worth bothering about. Hats off to the guys at Joystiq!