I’ve been catching up on all of the announcements focusing on the PlayStation brand at Gamescom 09. I’d like to share with you a list news items that have caught my eye and what I think about them:
- PS3 Slim– About time! The reduced price has been needed for months, the brand cleanup is a wise move, and Sony have finally found a voice with their marketing campaign!
- LocoRoco Midnight Carnival– I’m a die-hard LocoRoco fan, and this upcoming PSN download looks really… well, fun! New gameplay mechanics should keep things fresh.
- PlayStation Home update– universal game launching from within Home looks quite compelling, but there are still numerous problems with accessing Home for some people: downloading areas, connection issues etc, that might prevent them from utilising this functionality.
- Digital Comics Store for PSP– I’ve got to hand it to Sony- this looks pretty damn sweet! Why has it taken this long though?! Unfortunately though, it’s only for the US at the moment. Boo. Hiss.
- New Uncharted 2 footage goes without saying *drools*
- Firmware 3.0– Hopefully this should expose ‘what’s new’ on the PlayStation Store, and across the PlayStation Network, helping people feel more connected to the PlayStation community and kept up-to-date with what’s going on. The rest of the firmware update is incidental in my opinion.
- LittleBigPlanet Water!– This should be a very interesting new game mechanic, and may persuade me to visit LittleBigPlanet once again.
And that’s it! If there’s anything I’ve missed, I’ve either forgotten about it, or I’m not really bothered about it.